Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Fifteen Minutes

I know a few of my friends out there are familiar with RFML or for the newbies "Rants From Mommyland". This is far and away one of my favourite blogs.  To be fair, the only one that beats it out is DYAC (Damn You Autocorrect!), which pretty much has me in tears of laughter every day.  (How do you not love a blog that posts accidentally awkward texts?)

Anyway, last year, RFML put out a call for "kitschy" type things from around the home, and I sent them the following picture:


Some of you will recognize this...it hangs next to the man (ahem) door between my garage and house.  My "backdoor", if you will.  It has been hanging there since the dawn of time, and is one of the many items inherited by us when we moved into my grandparents house.

Anyway, after a rather humourous email exchange with Kate and Lydia (the kick ass authors of RFML), they decided to hold a caption contest for my little photo.  Below is the blog post dedicated to that contest.  The comments are rid.ic.u.lous.

Probably the only thing that has made me laugh harder than DYAC...

http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2010/12/caption-contest-back-door-friends.html

Off to find something that could possibly top that for this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment